Monkeypox Virus (MPV) Vaccine Not Yet Available in Whiteside County
Due to limited supply, JYNNEOS vaccine is currently prioritized in areas with recent cases of MPV and is not currently available in Whiteside County. WCHD will issue additional information and guidance once vaccine becomes available.
To help protect yourself and others from MPV and other illnesses, individuals who develop a new or unusual rash or who have symptoms of MPV should contact their primary healthcare provider.
Individuals are encouraged to take the following steps to reduce their risks of getting Monkeypox (MPV)
- Avoid close, skin-to-skin contact with people who have a rash that looks like MPV.
- Do not touch the rash or scabs of a person with MPV.
- Do not kiss, hug, cuddle or have sex with someone with MPV.
- Avoid contact with objects and materials that a person with MPV has used.
- Do not share eating utensils or cups with a person with MPV.
- Do not handle or touch the bedding, towels, or clothing of a person with MPV.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, especially before eating or touching your face and after you use the bathroom.
Additional information is also available on the Illinois’ Monkeypox Page and CDC Monkeypox websites